Check-in/-out: Our housekeeper Memo will assist you on arrival and give you the keys to your room.
- Check-in time: 12:00 – 20:00 (please inform us about your estimated arrival time)
- Check-out time: 11:00 (extension only upon request)
Quiet time: Please avoid loud noises after 22:00 for the comfort of other guests and neighbours. No music on speaker allowed outside of the house.
Cleanliness: Please remove your shoes before entering the house and avoid stains on the beds.
Shared kitchen: Please leave the kitchen as you have found it. Tidy up and wash the dishes after each time. Before using the stove you need to turn on the gas on the left cupboard below. Turn switch up (gas on) and turn switch right (gas off).
(Food-) waste disposal: Please segregate your rubbish to non bio-degradable and bio-degradable and dispose accordingly. The bin for food waste is outside of the kitchen to avoid ants and other insects.
Toilets: Please don’t throw toilet paper or other waste in the toilet. We have ceptic tanks, it will cause blockage and damage. Please use the provided bins instead!
Smoking: Kindly smoke only on the balcony, smoking inside of the room is strictly forbidden and will cause the smoke detector to alarm!
Respect our home and neighbours: Handle all appliances, furniture and fittings with care (as if it’s your own) and show respect to the neighbors and the property.
Save water and energy: Please save water for the environment and for future generations. Unplug all appliances and gadgets if you are not in the room for safety and to save energy.
Laundry: There’s a cheap laundry service in Danao town, close to the public market. 25 php per kilo (minimum of 4 kilos). 2 days until ready for pick up. The laundry services at Alona Beach usually charge 75 php per kilo.
- Convenience stores “sari sari”: On the same road as the guesthouse many neighbours have their own kiosks (“sari sari” stores). There you will find toiletries, cold drinks, canned goods, fruit and even some veggies.
- Public market “merkado”: At the public market you will find a wide selection of fish (catch of the day) and meat (check out the butchery owned by German guy), local grown fresh fruit and vegetables. The “merkado” can be reached by motorbike in 5-7 min.
- There are some good restaurants in walking distance from the guesthouse. For traditional filipino dishes and fresh seafood go to ‘Tropical Villas’ (150 metres) or ‘Linaw Beach Resort’ (200 metres). ‘Equation’ (200 metres) offers a nice veranda to witness incredible sunsets by the beach. Try their cocktails!
- More restaurants can be found at Alona Beach. For organic/vegetarian food choices check out ‘The Buzz Café’ and ‘Shaka’.
Recommended beaches around:
- Danao Beach: quiet natural beach stretch, popular among divers (many dive resorts), water a bit shallow for swimming, best place to observe sunsets, just 5 minutes by foot. Simply follow signage to Linaw Beach Resort.
- Alona Beach: busy ‘touristy’ beach, good for swimming, live music bars, variety of restaurants, starting point for many island hopping tours, 10 minutes by motorbike
- Libaong White Beach: One of the best beaches on the island, white sandy beach, long shoreline, clean, 30-40 minutes ride by motorbike/trycicle/car
- Motorbike “Habal”: Some neighbours offer motorbike rides (also called “habal”) for 25 php per person to the nearby Alona Beach (10 min) or the Public Market (also called “Merkado”). Just walk on the side of the road and eventually you will hear a honk by one of the motorbikes. Alternatively if you want to rent your own motorbike it will cost you around 400 php per day. Closest motorbike rental is 500 meters away at “Hope Homes”.
- Tricycle: Usually 100 php per ride. Longer distances require some bargaining skills. Going to the port of Tagbilaran or to the airport will cost you 300 php.
- Van/Taxi: From and to the port or airport of Tagbilaran will cost you between 500 and 700 php.
Island tour to Chocolate Hills:
- Join a group tour: Go to Alona Beach to inquire about tour operators and pick up time.
- Private island tour (half or full day): On advance notice we can also organize a private a/c van with a driver for upto 6 guests bringing you to all of the “must-visits” when in Bohol: Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Sanctuary, Manmade Forest, Hanging Bridge, Eco-Reserve etc. Price upon request.
- Join a group tour: Several tour operators depart at Alona Beach and cost between 300 and 500 php per person depending on the trip.
- Private tour: On request we can also hire a private “bangka” for an island hopping tour to visit Balicasag Island, Virgin Island and to snorkel at the Fish Sanctuary. The tour costs 1700 php for upto 6 participants, additional environmental fee and rent of snorkeling gear of 250 php per person.
Firefly kayak tour on Abatan river:
Our partner KayakAsia offers eco-friendly kayaking tours along Abatan River. During the kayak tour you will be able to observe fireflies in their natural habitat. Tour (2h) includes guided tour and a dinner. Costs: 1755 php per person. Pick up directly at Pahiluna Guesthouse available. For reservation please text tour operator Rey +63 (0) 949 984 07 30 and mention ‘Pahiluna Guesthouse’.